Empowering People. Building Communities.
Helping build a stronger, smarter, safer community.
The Partnership for Families, Children and Adults has been serving the Tennessee Valley community for 140 years through professional counseling, crisis intervention, and prevention services. It began with the 1877 establishment of the Ladies Aid Society, which later became the Florence Crittenton Home. Under direction of United Way, The Florence Crittenton Service, Family Service Agency and Travelers Aid Society merged into Community Services of Greater Chattanooga, Inc. in 1973. In 1981, the agency assumed the name Family and Children’s Services of Chattanooga, Inc., and in 2003 became the Partnership for Families, Children and Adults. In 2006, the Partnership was recognized by the Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce as the Non-Profit Organization of the Year for demonstrating excellence in non-profit management and community impact.
Our Accreditation and Memberships
- Council on Accreditation of Services for Families and Children, Inc. (COA)
- United Way of Greater Chattanooga
- Alliance for Children and Families Tennessee Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Violence Tennessee Conference on Social Welfare
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling
- Florence Crittenton Society